funny how a melody...

...sounds like a memory, like a soundtrack to a July Saturday night...

It's pretty incredible how even just one line from a song has the ability to transport you back to a different time and place. As I sat in the Atheneum Theatre listening to Josh Garrels sing Flood Waters, I was taken back to a warm, sunny evening last June. 
Riding by bike through the streets of Corvallis.
Leaving the presence of new friends to enjoy the company of old friends. The first warm breeze of the year blowing on my face as I rode, making what would have been an otherwise strenuous activity, a joyous, worshipful one. 
It was the first time I had heard, really heard the words to the song. And as a result, every time I hear those lyrics, I go back in time to that summer evening, and I smile.

What are the songs that take you back to specific place or time?

Flood waters rise
But it won't wash away
Love never dies
It will hold on more fierce than graves


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.