a paradigm shift.


Is it human nature to automatically expect the worst outcome? Or am I alone in this? I am not sure. But recently, I have been noticing my tendency to let my mind imagine the worst possible outcome and then plan for that. I think that on some level, this tendency has always been there, but it has definitely emerged in all it's glory (or not) since I have started pharmacy school. I do poorly on a test and I automatically begin to make plans for what will happen when (not if) I fail the course. I haven't heard back from a friend after a few attempts to get in contact with them and I automatically think that maybe they are mad at me/don't want to be friends with me or that I have offended them in some way. Or I am afraid to ask someone a question because I just know that they are going to answer the opposite of how I want them to answer...so I just don't ask the question.

I used to think that it was proactive for me to hope for the best while expecting and planning for the worst. However, the Lord has been revealing to me the fact that it is actually wrong to have that mindset! He has shown me time and time again that he is for me and that he has good plans for me. He has never failed me or given me any reason to doubt his goodness towards me. Now that's not to say that things may happen that do not seem good in the moment. But I want to be someone who is walking in the knowledge of the fact that God is capable of making all things work together for my good and to expect anything less of him would be having an incorrect view of his nature. 

Hebrews 11:6
And without faith it is impossible to please him, for whoever would draw near to God must believe that he exists and that he rewards those who seek him.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.