Day #7//Grace like an ocean.

So, technically yesterday was day 7 but I was too tired to get on here and blog and also I needed some time to process what happened over the course of the week so here I am today instead!
God totally blew away all of my expectations of what this week would look like. There is something really sweet about not knowing how God is going to meet you and then seeing him meet you in a greater way than you even expected.

I think that my favorite thing about this week was constantly being reminded of God, his goodness, his faithfulness, his graciousness, his kindness...each day God was faithful to reveal something new about his character. I loved how faithful he was to meet us when we gathered in his name to pray. I loved how being hungry all the time was a reminder of why and an opportunity to turn my affections towards him.

This week, God was teaching our church to listen. He said "I always hear you, but you don't always hear me." How awesome would it be to be walking so closely with God that we could easily recognize his voice. That's the kind of relationship that I want.

I think that this week was a culmination of a work that God was doing in me in the area of prayer. Before, I hated praying in front of people in groups. Hated it. This week, I prayed with so many people that it didn't seem like that big of a deal anymore. I would open up my mouth and something would come out! I think God wanted to cause my faith to increase and it did! It is cool to be in a place where we are depending on him for everything--even what we are going to pray. That is how it should be, right?

It was fun telling people about this week of fasting and what God was teaching me. How great is it to declare God's goodness in your life? It is incredible.

I feel as though I am a bit all over the place. I guess it's fitting because all that God did cannot really be confined to this one post. But I will say this one last thing. He is good. He is worthy. He is precious. He is faithful.

Comments

  1. I loved reading about your week Eva! It's cool to see how God is working in so many ways, but at the same time you can see similar themes of what he is doing in our church! So cool! :)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.