Day #5//be still.

I might have fallen asleep at prayer this morning.
There, I said it. I am not sure if I was 100% unaware of what was happening but I do know that my eyes were definitely not open. Even still, it was a good start to my morning to worship with my brothers and sisters. That being said, today was definitely the most tired that I have been this week. Without a doubt. I got five hours of sleep last night and had 2 midterms today! It was one of those 'if I can just get through today I will be golden' days. But I got through it. PRAISE THE LORD, seriously.

I love how God gives us just what we need. The idea of daily bread was one that I didn't fully understand until this week. I woke up this morning with little or no energy and God was faithful to provide me with just enough energy to get through the day and accomplish all that I needed to.

There is so much that I have learned throughout this fast, which is already more than I can say about the last two years that I have done it. I will probably expound more on them once the fast is over but for now I am learning to be still, listen, incline my ears. So often we come to God without waiting to hear what he would say to us. I am learning that I need to practice listening so that I might be able to recognize it more quickly. There is so much to learn. God, make me teachable.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.