ways that I do me.

So I know that it has been eons since I last wrote, but today I am choosing to put off studying by blogging instead. Some would say that's an even tradeoff, right? Actually, probably not a lot of people would say that. My professors certainly wouldn't. WHATEVER.

Anyways, lately I have spent a lot of time reflecting on society and how as a whole, we try to stick to the status quo, go with the flow, etc...and I think that's fine. But I also feel like somewhere along the way we've become way too concerned with what other people think! Right? I have often found this playing out in my life when it comes to decision making. Like, I'll make decisions based on what I think will make other people happy. Now, I'm not saying that that is always bad...because God does call us to honor one another above ourselves {Romans 12.10} but I do believe that God has wired each of us in amazingly beautiful and different ways and to try to mirror the way other people behave would be a disservice to ourselves and to God. So I am choosing to embrace my weird eccentricities because they are a huge part of what makes me me.

I am almost always wearing a jacket because I am almost always cold. I don't know why, I just am. I know that it might be considered rude to keep your coat on when you are inside...but isn't also rude to pretend you are not cold when you really are??
I put too much sugar in everything.
I take selfies like it's my job.

I don't like the taste of beer. I just don't.

I prefer to drive places by myself so that I can leave when I want.

I still wear my ex-boyfriend's flannel. Not because I am in any way, shape, or form hung up on him, but because it's warm and I like flannels.

I prefer to be unnecessarily early.

I have two phones.

I would rather have a girls night and paint my nails and watch chick flicks than go out.

I am probably the only one in the world who isn't completely besotted with Blake Shelton.

I put sriracha sauce on everything.

I like older guys, preferably with beards.

I like to dance when I worship.

I eat foods that contain GMOs.

I don't like Italian food. 

I am not saying be different just to be different...there is enough of that happening already. But I am saying {in the cheesiest way possible} to be true to who you are and what you're feeling. As long as you are doing all things out of love for God and for people. Why live your life trying to please other people? As Linkin Park would say In the end, it doesn't even matter. 

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.