//true confessions//on rejection.


this is how I look when I feel rejected.

Anybody who is anybody has experienced this feeling in some way shape or form. In fact, you can probably remember the first time that you felt the sting of rejection. My first memory was in elementary school. My best friend at the time had started cheating on our friendship with other cooler friends. I specifically remember one day when all of them were playing "Sailor Moon". Thats right, that dreadful japanese anime TV show that for some reason girls were nuts about. Anyways, I distinctly remember one particular school day during lunch break, trying to join in on this Sailor Moon madness and being encouraged by my friend to go elsewhere and play with other people since I hadn't actually watched Sailor Moon...doesn't that just suck? That really hurt my feelings.

Ever encounter rejection from people of the opposite sex? Haha...why is it that that seems to the most painful kind? Without airing ALL of my dirty laundry for the world to see, I have experienced my fair share of rejection, or at least my perception of it. Even recently! There is just something about feeling unwanted that really just make you feel like...garbage. I think that sometimes rejection is real, but other times we just feel rejected, ya know? And then that leads to feelings of insufficiency and "what is wrong with me?' and "what am I missing?" and then you are just sad and you cant even remember how you got there! This last weekend I was feeling pretty sorry for myself after feeling like I had kind of been rejected. Then God brought to my remembrance people in my life who may have experienced those same feelings of rejection on my account. I wouldn't call myself a heartbreaker by any means, but over the last couple of years there have definitely been a few guys that I did not have the courage to tell that I was not interested in them and just cut off communication with them...isn't that awful?? So as I was sitting there feeling like my whole world was crumbling, I realized that feeling rejection is kind of a part of life. We've all experienced it, and we've probably all caused someone else to experience it.

So where do we go from there? How do we deal? I have found that, just like in most situations, it's a good idea to ask God "What do You want to say to me in this situation? What do You want to teach me?" And concerning rejection, what He said to me was:

 "Guess what? I don't reject you. You are so precious to me and I could never not love you and I could never not want you." 

Such a sweet reminder to my soul! I guess you just have to remember that feelings and thoughts of rejection will come (the enemy loves to make us feel rejected, I think) and that in those moments we have to take our thoughts captive and submit them to Jesus and allow him to remind us how HE feels about us because really, is there anything more important than that?


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.