"No eye has seen, no ear has heard, no mind has conceived what God has prepared for those who love him" -1 Corinthians 2:9

Such a good word, right? For the past few months, I have been suffering from a little thing that I like to call "wedding fever". Symptoms include reading wedding magazines, searching for the perfect wedding gown, browsing engagement rings, spending too much time on TheKnot.com, and daydreaming about Mr. Right. YIKES. Well I think that just being in college and seeing more and more people begin to get engaged or married has made me wonder if God has forgotten about me. In my heart I know that He hasn't but isn't it sad how often we allow ourselves to become so envious of certain things that God is doing in other peoples lives that we forget what He's doing in ours? God has really been showing me that I need to enjoy my singleness. This is such a sweet time where it's just me and God and my affection and devotion isn't being split between a husband and children. Words of wisdom from a good friend encouraged me tonight. She reminded me that by being anxious about the future it can be easy to lose sight of what God is doing RIGHT NOW. And God is doing some awesome things right now.

I was chatting with a friend this evening about a particular teeny tiny "crush" that I have developed over the past couple weeks. Now, of course I wont disclose his identity--I will only say that he is a very talented individual and seems to have a lot of characteristics that my ideal man would possess. Now keep in mind, I haven't EVER even spoken to this guy. I have heard him speak and I have heard a great deal about him. Enough to arrive to the conclusion that he would make a great husband(yep, girls minds automatically go there sometimes) ? Absolutely not, and yet I find myself planning a hypothetical life and family with him! Gross, right? Yes, I know how absolutely ridiculous this all sounds, believe me, it sounds even sillier once it's confessed out loud verbally What is more distressing is that this guy is taking up thoughts that the Lord is supposed to be occupying. The Lord is teaching me that there is no point about fantasizing or being anxious about something that He is in control of God showed me a picture today of how two awesome people can totally love the Lord and be in a relationship and not be right for eachother but because they are trying to create something that God has not ordained, it is lacking because it is outside of God's will for both of their lives. Isn't is so cool the way that God gives us little glimpses like that and shows us how silly we can be sometimes?

I love Phillipians 4:6-7 " Be anxious for nothing, but in everything by prayer and supplication, with thanksgiving, let your requests be made known to God; and the peace of God, which surpasses all understanding, will guard your hearts and minds through Christ Jesus."

Instead of daydreaming about him, I should be praying that God will lead me to the man that he has for me and ask that the Lord will be preparing his heart to be a Godly husband, father and friend. That being said, I AM SO EXCITED to see what the Lord has for my life. Not anxious, just excited.

Papa, please teach me patience and continue to show me that Your timing is SO much better than my own.

ps. This is probably my favorite youtube video in a while, hope you enjoy :)



-Evangeline

Comments

  1. Good word! I would say I have been having similar issues, until I got to the point of praying for the perfect Godly woman that God has planned for me. Once I got there, God told me I needed to stop worrying about that, and start making sure I'm the perfect godly husband for my future wife. Its so true too- I look at what God is doing in my life, and seeing the fruit, I wouldn't want to be married until God is done making me into that man. Love.. Patience.. Serving others before myself.. I'm not entirely there yet. And even imagining being married without those fruits of the spirit makes me cringe.

    Hope that helps ya'
    --Ryan

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.