more than just a roommate

I just wanted to take a moment to just reflect on how blessed I was to have such an awesome roommate last year. So many times the Lord just reminds me of how he has been faithful in the past and after seeing Alli today, I'm just so aware of what an answered prayer she was.

I came into college with the expectation of becoming best friends with my roommate, an expectation that I was warned against because I might be dissappointed. Alli and I had met eachother through the roommate matching profile, which, by the way said that we were only a 23% match. SO WRONG. Anyways, we hit it off so incredibly well the very first time that we met, I knew that we at least would be friends.


What really astonished me was just how much we really had in common. Neither of us really cared too much about the state of our room--I never got mad when her side was messy, and she never got mad when my side was messy. We both had science related majors so we were able to study together for some of our hard classes. And we both had been through a lot of life experiences and so we would have long deep conversations before we went to bed, when we woke up in the morning, or in the middle of the day! I always looked forward to seeing her when I came home and was a bit sad whenever I entered our room and she wasn't there.


The Lord was just so faithful in bringing me someone who I not only liked but got along with and related to so well and I am so thankful to Him for that. She was patient to me when I was cranky and she was a shoulder for me to cry on when I was going through hard times. I am so blessed beyond words to have had the opportunity to know her.


The day that we moved out was one of my saddest memories. Not only was I leaving my roommate, but I was leaving my sister and my best friend. I hope everyone is as lucky to have a roommate as spectacular as mine was.
Also, here is an awesome video that she introduced me to that she suggested we both watch when we are down and I hope it makes you laugh a bit.

Comments

  1. Eva this just made me cry, I don't even know what to say. I love you so much, I don't have the faintest clue how i got so lucky as to merge paths in life with you:)

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.