Lately.

Sometimes, I really crack myself up with how terribly inconsistent of a blogger I am. Don't you find it funny how it's when you have the busiest schedule that you find time to do the most insignificant stuff? And when you have a ton of free time you don't do as much?

My point isn't that blogging is insignificant. Or that I have a ton of free time. It's just that I want to apologize to the 3 people in cyberspace that have been on the edge of their seats for over a month waiting for me to update this thing. Your patience has been rewarded.

What have I been up to these last couple of months?

  • Working full time at the hospital. Boo for 40 hour weeks. Yay for paychecks after several 40 hour weeks!
  • Studying! I am such a little nerd. Who studies during the summer? Someone who doesn't exactly work in a pharmacy and doesn't want to forget all the drugs that I worked so hard to learn this past year!
  • Learning to honor God with my finances! A wise/dead man once said "Mo money, mo problems" and he may have been on to something. I have found that the more money you have, the more tempting it is to spend it on stuff. For me, that stuff consists mostly of food! So I got this app on my phone called Mint. If you have a desire to budget your money and get an idea of where your money goes to, I would definitely recommend this app! It syncs up to your bank account (it is totally secure!) and it tracks all your spending and categorizes it for you! It is really great.
  • Getting my work out on. I don't necessarily like working out and I have been blessed with a somewhat agreeable metabolism. But you know what? Everybody gets old. And everybody's metabolism slows down with age. Long story short, my aversion to working out will one day catch up with me and slow me down which is NOT what I want. So I have been trying to cultivate a lifestyle of faithfully working out so that years from now, my healthy exercise habits can carry me when my genetics and metabolism have done all that they can do for me. There is this workout app that has literally made me more sore than running or using the elliptical has ever been able to. It's called Nike Training. Check it out.
  • Poetry. I have such a deep respect for anyone that can write creatively and for years I gave in to the lie that that was something that was completely unattainable for me. Well, the other day I sat down with a pen ad paper and here's what came out! I would love your feedback.
  • Also, I got some new hair.       

I have less than 2 weeks left in Oregon. Strangely, I feel like I am ready to leave. I've missed my Chicago friends. I've missed having a car. I've really missed my church. But I am looking forward to my last few days here and all the fun I have planned for myself! I am road trippin it to Seattle with some dear friends this upcoming weekend. I literally cannot wait. Then I am going to relive my childhood golden days at the county fair. I literally lived for that every summer as a child growing up. It doesn't hurt that Thompson Square and Gloriana are playing. For free. It's gonna be a great summer.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

there's a hope that never fails.

Beautiful Letdown.