Teach me to love, a heavenly love.

Hello Everyone:)
Do you ever have one of those days where you just want to sit next to a window with the view of campus on a sunny day and just reflect on all that the Lord has done for you? Well that should be everyday but alas, today is one of the only sunny days that we will have for a while so here I sit, soaking it in.
Today was an early day for me: getting up at 6 am, leaving the house at 7 am, getting to morning devo at 7:15 and being thouroughly blessed through worship, getting in the Word, finally followed by a sweet time of prayer with dear friends. Now if that isn't a way to start out a morning, then I dont know what is!
The Lord has been whispering so many nuggets of wisdom and truth into my heart today. The most pressing being that I need to have my joy rooted in Christ alone. Not only in His blessings, for there will come dry seasons when His blessings don't look the way I think that they should, and I need to be joyful even those times. When my joy is solely rooted in my Jesus, at ALL times, I will find that I will be joyful at all times. Why? Because in this ever-changing, topsy-turvy world, HE is the only thing that doesn't change, therefore, in Him, I will always have reasons to be joyful. In trials, I can be joyful in the knowledge that God is trying to show me something. I can rest in the fact that in order for it to have reached me, it must have first passed through Him. I can be joyful that my God cares for me. I can be joyful that that same God calls me, lowly, unfaithful, disobedient me, his friend. Most importantly, I can have the joyful assurance that there is no greater love than the love that He has for me. His love never fails.
I came across a really cool
website today called i-heart. I was so reminded of the calling on my life as a Christian- to be the hands and feet of Christ. This is my reason for being alive. This is the purpose for which I was created. This site connects you to others who are looking for a tangible way to reach out to a hurting world. It is my prayer that God would open my eyes to the need that is all around me. Not only that, but that He would give me boldness to take action and not just stand idly by. I want to be a lover of mankind. Jesus said in 1 John 4:8 that whoever does not love does not know God because God is love.

One final thought. God is love. Perfect love is epitomized in the passage 1 Corinthians 13. Read the part about love while replacing the word love, with God.



God is patient, God is kind. He does not envy, He does not boast, He is not proud. He is not rude, He is not self-seeking, He is not easily angered, He keeps no record of wrongs. God does not delight in evil but rejoices with the truth. He always protects, always trusts, always hopes, always perseveres. God never fails.


Blessings.



-E


Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

let us pray, let us pray.