So almost one week later...

I'm back! You know sometimes it's so hard to get up the gumption to write on this thing but once I start, I find that its actually not so bad ;)

I suppose its been a fairly average week. The highlight I would say would be going to The Way up at Solid Rock Fellowship in Beaverton, Oregon. Not that The Way hasn't been awesome every single time that I've been there, but this past Friday was exceptionally spectacular because my very own college pastor IAN NELSON was bringing the message! He is so gifted when it comes to speaking so of course he did a great job. Have you ever noticed how when you are watching someone that you know speak in front of a large group of people you tend to pay more attention? Like every little detail involving their surroundings seems to be carrying impending doom if they make the wrong move? It was so funny, we were sitting front and center and we were watching Ian pace back and forth as he spoke [a normal occurance for our ADD pastor] and we noticed a fairly hefty bible on the ground. We watched apprehensively as he continued to step over it time and time again as he paced back and forth, on the one hand being impressed that he was so vigilant of his surroundings but on the other hand aware of the fact that were he to step on the bible, his odds of taking a spill on the stage in front of hundreds of young adults would exponentially increase. Needless to say, we were quite relieved when he very subtly moved the bible out of the way with his foot. I'm fairly certain that I even breathed an audible sigh of relief. Anyways, he spoke of how our God is a dreamer and since we are created in His image, we are too. God wants to use our dreams for His glory and we should pray along those lines. Anyways you can hear the whole sermon HERE, just click on Part 2/ Dreaming, asking, pursuing.

So I happen to be a huge fan of the worship group Hillsong. They have come up with some very awesome worship songs and most recently I came across and was incredibly moved by the music video and the story behind the song Healer.





Very moving, isn't it? I thought so. Well as some of you may already know (I seem to be late finding out about these things) Mike Gugliemucci(sp?) faked the fact that he had cancer in an effort to cover up an addiction (to see the video click here) . There was no truth whatsoever to any thing that he said above. At first (even though the whole situation was brought into light over a year ago) I was really hurt by the fact that a supposed man of God would use something as sensitive as cancer to cover up his sin. But at the same time, it is awesome to see people worship the creator of the universe so powerfully. And the things that he was saying were all things that are true of our God. And remember that Paul said in Phillipians 1:18- "The important thing is that in every way, whether for right or wrong reasons, they are preaching about Christ. So I am happy and will continue to be happy." Besides the important thing is that he came clean, which must not have been easy to do. The truth is that even though our feelings are hurt, there is still grace for him in Jesus Christ. We are all sinners; no sinner is better or worse than another. So who am I to judge? The only one who is fit to judge is He who is without sin--Jesus Christ. Anyways I just think it's cool that something that the devil wanted to use for evil was still used to bless and encourage people. It certainly did me!

-Evangeline

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

there's a hope that never fails.

Beautiful Letdown.