Lil' update/Awkwards & Awesomes

'sup ya'll. I just wanted to do a quickie update and let you know that though I feel it on the inside due to all that studying, I am in fact NOT DEAD. Just totes cray busy up 'n hurrr.
I cannot believe that I am more than halfway done with my first term!  

Here are some awkwards and awesomes for the last few weeks:
Awkwards

  • thinking my headphones were plugged in to my computer while I was listening to an australian man teach me the basics of the stretch reflex on youtube while sitting on the silent floor...they were not plugged in...everyone could hear.
  • when people wear sunglasses inside...weird!
  • trying to eat my applesauce without a spoon. Essentially I was drinking it...not the quietest way to go about consuming food (again on the silent floor!)
  • when the automatic toilet flushes whilst you are...ahem...taking care of business.
  • when the worker at the dining hall calls you "sweetie"...
  • sneezing super loudly (on the silent floor of the library)
  • when people who are not from the south say ya'll (kind of like I just did...pot calling kettle black, maybe?)
    • I think it makes a difference when it is said with distinct midwestern accent...just sayin'.
Awesome
  • my best friends. You know who you are. I am continually blown away by the way they show their love to me, even from 2000 miles away!
  • my friend Nina who is also from the northwest and understands my Oregon snobbery. 
  • when people give birth. Congrats Ian and Sarah on becoming parents to little Greyer!
  • my Beavers moving up to #10 in the nation!
  • wearing cowboy boots to school. sorry I'm not sorry!
  • planning my wedding (it's never too early, right?)! I have been going to TOWN on my pinterest wedding board
  • getting my white coat! See? (ps she is from Corvallis too!)

I am thankful for this fall weather, for my church, and for the friends that I have made. The Lord is always good, always faithful. To all my Corvallis friends, I love you all and I miss you dearly.

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.