Awkward//Awesome

Well folks, I have finally jumped on the awkward/awesome bandwagon (c/o Sydney from The Daybook)and I am going to take a moment and share some of the highlights and {awk}lights of my week! I don't normally do this and I can't promise that I'll do it again because most weeks nothing particularly awkward happens to me. This week was a little bit of an exception. So without further adieu...

AWKWARD

  • The fact that it took me 5 tries to spell awkward correctly.
  • Showing up to my class an hour early and then proceeding to stay in the empty classroom for the extra hour until class started.
  • Eating by myself in the cafeteria.
  • Getting to this new home fellowship 15 minutes early and awkwardly walking up and down the street until 7:30 instead of owning up to the fact that I was just so excited to be there that I got there way too early.
  • Walking into a Walgreens seconds before they were closing
    • Being on the phone while trying to check out and apologizing both for being on the phone and for keeping them to the last second.
    • Realizing that I left my wallet at home and had been driving all over Dupage county without my license
AWESOME
  • Getting a car!
  • Having a MacBook!
  • I sat next to this girl in class and she was asking me where I was from. I tell her I'm from Oregon. She asks what it is like. After about 5 minutes of "No sales tax, no pumping your own gas, no tollways, beautiful mountains and trees, no blistering cold winter, etc...." She tells me that she wants to move there! Oregon sells itself :)
  • Finally getting to go to a house church fellowship and meeting other believers!
  • Tonight I went to a different fellowship at Harvest Bible Church in Naperville and was pleasantly surprised because:
    • %97 of the people that I met tonight were there for their first time! I was totally afraid that everyone would already know a ton of people and I would be a total outsider--not the case!
    • A girl from my running club at school was there so there was already a familiar face.
    • I met this other girl and we started talking. She asked me where I lived and I told her I lived in Downers Grove. Turns out SO DID SHE! She asked me where I went to school and I told her Midwestern. SO DID SHE! She asked me where I was from and I told her Oregon. She wasn't from Oregon but it turns out...her roommate was from Oregon. She asked me where in Oregon and I told her Corvallis. HER ROOMMATE IS FROM CORVALLIS! I almost wanted to cry. Do you understand that I haven't met ANYONE from OREGON since I've been here? NO ONE. Turns out this girl went to Crescent Valley (forgivable) and now goes to Midwestern. Small, flippin' world. 
    • Also the people in the group were SUPER friendly.
  • God is good. All the time.

Comments

  1. yay!!! so blessed for you girl! you are on a adventure for sure. blessings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva, how delightful to read about your honest-to-goodness AWESOME attitude over life's stuff. You sound wonderful. All to the glory of God, yes? Bless you, dear Eva.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hahaha you crack me up Eva :) Who is the roommate from CV??? I might know her if she graduated around the time we did. I am so glad you are finding fellowship there! Happy for you lady!

    ReplyDelete
  4. "She asked me where I lived and I told her I lived in Downers Grove. Turns out SO DID SHE! She asked me where I went to school and I told her Midwestern. SO DID SHE! She asked me where I was from and I told her Oregon. She wasn't from Oregon but it turns out...her roommate was from Oregon."

    I almost burst out laughing! I miss you!!!!

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

Day 1: who would have thought the RAIN would follow me to Chicago?!

California, here we come...

play me some mountain music.