DIY {mason jar candles}

So I am not artistic by nature. Math, science, those types of things are more up my alley.

However, I have been trying to step out of my comfort zone and attempt some crafts but I have been so busy!

But school is out, folks! {at least for now, thank you GOD for spring break}

So here is a little somethin somethin that I've been working on.

mason jar candles:


For the past few weeks, in preparation for my spring break crafting extravaganza, I have been collecting all sorts of odds and ends from around the house as well as ideas from various DIY blogs such as this one.

Here is what you'll need:
{ a jar }
{ some string of your choice. I used yarn and hemp string }
{ sand or something to serve as a base for your candle within the jar }
{ a little candle }

Instructions:
Take your jar and fill it about an inch high with sand and place your candle in there. Use your string to wrap the jar--this can be tricky depending on the shape of your jar. You can use tape to stabilize the string at the bottom of the jar so it stays hidden. It's actually as easy as it sounds :)

You can use different shaped jars and make a set!

Stay tuned for my next project!

Comments

  1. love your style!!
    you´re so cute....
    follow u =D
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Eva this is awesome. I'm doing one! My room mates and I have been feelings pretty crafty lately... this would be a great addition to our collection :) Love you, girl

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular posts from this blog

play me some mountain music.

Beautiful Letdown.

It's ok to not be ok.